Facebook Badge

Monday, October 17, 2011

ツ❦ The 2nd Autumn Extravaganza ツ❦

Hay guys! Comic book week October 12th, 2011, is Kara's comic............okay it is a whole bunch of comix! This week every comic I read was sooooo very good that I had to review them all!

American Vampire~Survival Of The Fittest #5 of 5 (Vertigo/DC)
(Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy)

Every story that Scott Snyder writes seems to be fabulous! & the last part of this mini series was no different! ed the story! ed the art work! If you did not read it I can only recommend that you buy the tpb........trade paper back natch!.........it is sooooooo good!

9 sunny days!!!!!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂




Batgirl #2 (DC)
(Gail Simone, Ardian Syaf, Vicente Cifuentes)

Gail Simone is such a lovely writer! & the art work has very much grown on me from the 1st issue.............but I still miss Oracle! :(

But this is the most fun & incredible cover I have seen in a long time! The cover bumped this ish up my list!

½ sunny days!!!!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂




Batwoman #2 (DC)
(J.H. Williams, W. Haden Blackman)

The art work of Batwoman is as always soooooo totally beautiful! & the story is interesting & really delivers especially with Maggie Sawyer! Not always 1 of my favs but she stands out as a fabulous character that I look forward to getting to know through out the series. :)

8 sunny days!!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂



Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Nine #2 (Dark Horse)
(Andrew Chambliss, Georges Jeanty, Dexter Vines, Joss Whedon)

Buffy is back! Sooooo totally brings back the glory of the television series. The art work & story are ideal & the ish only falls short because of how incredible the first 3 comix are! :)

& look at beautiful cover! 8O

8 sunny days!!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂




Joss Whedon's Dollhouse Epitaphs #4 of 5 (Dark Horse)
(Andrew Chambliss, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharden, Cliff Richards, Andy Owens, Michelle Madsen)

I confess that Dollhouse was not my fav Joss Whedon series but this next to last ish has me on the edge of my seat! The story of Alpha & Echo against a world of Dollhouse created zombies is thrilling!

½ sunny days!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂





The Shade #1 of 12 (DC)
(James Robinson & Cully Hamner)

How can I describe an ish by 2 legends like James Robinson & Cully Hamner? It can not be any thing but fabulous! Although it may confuse things a little bit with Justice League Dark! o,O


½ sunny days!!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂






Legion Lost #2 (DC)
(Fabian Nicieza & Pete Woods)

ing it! The art work is fun & the story is engaging! Not my fav ish of the week but definitely more than enough to make me want to read the next ish! :)

7 sunny days!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂






The Walking Dead Weekly #41 (Skybound/Image)
(Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn)

I have not watched the 1st episode of the new season yet but it must be very very very very good to be better than this ish! Robert is always entertaining in his stories even if there is a bit of a same ness to the series after a while...........but the lats page of this ish still managed to shock me! 8O


7 sunny days!!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☂ ☂ ☂



The New Avengers #17 (Marvel)
(Brian Michael Bendis, Mike Deodato, Will Conrad, Rain Beredo)

The New Avengers is always fun..........great humor & i now see where  Norman Osborn may be a legitimate threat! But I really do not like the white Spider-Man costume. :(


½ sunny days!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂ ☂



Resurrection Man #2 (DC)
(Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Fernando Dagnino)

Fabulous story & art work........but I missed ish #1 so I have come in to the story in the middle..........but it is soooooo good I think that I can catch up............so may be I will  ish #3 a lot more! *fingerscrossed!*


½ sunny days!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂ ☂



Suicide Squad #2 (DC)
(Adam Glass, Federico Dallocchio, Andrei Bressan)

I read on Twitter that DC thinks that Suicide Squad fills the gap that has been left behind by the end of Sinister 6...........part of it may over flow the gap but it is not the same. There is some humor but Suicide Squad is much more serious. It does make me wonder how Harley Quinn may have fit in with the 6 so there are fond memories there.........& this ish was good enough to make me want to read the next ish to see what happens to Deadshot.............
*pssssssst!DCbringbackcatman&youmitekeepme!* ;9


½ sunny days!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂ ☂

Alpha Flight #5 of 8 (Marvel)
(Fred Van Lente, Greg Pak, Dale Eaglesham, Sonia Oback)

I am still enjoying Alpha Flight even though more & more I do not think the writers have ever been to Canada............seriously! We are not all that different! Omg! But I will for give you.........it is still fun! :)


½ sunny days!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂ ☂



Green Lantern #2 (DC)
(Geoff Johns, Doug Mahnke, Christian Alamy, Keith Champagne)
I think that this ish says some thing about the fact that Green Lantern was my least fav of the week! The art work was fabulous & Geoff Johns is well............Geoff Johns! But I just did not like Hal Jordan in this ish.............he seemed angry & not in touch with people & very in experienced for some 1 who was in the Justice League set 5 years ago! If I thought that Sinestro was going to stay Green Lantern I may be more interested in the next ish but for me............& this is just for me...........this ish felt kindof flat...........sorry! :(

½ sunny days!!!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☁ ☂ ☂ ☂

ツ*

No comments:

Post a Comment